POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : mesh2 in Moray ? (newbie) : Re: mesh2 in Moray ? (newbie) Server Time
28 Jun 2024 23:47:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: mesh2 in Moray ? (newbie)
From: corncrake
Date: 15 Dec 2002 07:09:35
Message: <1gezmhe3x259w$.1umnlzry5x8kw$.dlg@40tude.net>
On Sun, 15 Dec 2002 12:30:44 +0100, Thorsten Froehlich wrote:
> Maybe the answer from Txemi was not clear enough in this regard:
>
> Moray does not read POV-Ray scene files, it only writes them.  "mesh2" is
> not a POV-Ray format of any kind, it is simply a "mesh2" scene object in a
> POV-Ray scene file.

Perhaps I was not clear enough in my original post,
I am new to 3d ( so I dont understand which program handles what file
format and for what purpose )

I have downloaded Moray ( because I thought that it was going to be a
program which would allow me to view (round X, Y, and Z) and manipulate
(add/remove surfaces and view and paint texture)  my 3d models, all under
keyboard rotate/zoom/add/remove/etc  (just like Moray does in fact !!)
In my poor un-enlightened state I presumed that povray was a scripted
scenepainting/tracing program and would not do this for me, so I did not
download it, was that wrong, will it ?

I have been given some simple models to start on but they are in .mesh2
format, so I was trying to find a program to do the above with them.

This being a newsserver for a dedicated purpose, and this group being
dedicated to Moray, I guessed that I might upset peeps if I asked a general
" Help i need a program" question !

So, it looks like Moray, along with Milkshape and Zmodeler (these being
the only other progs that I have found so far **) will all manipulate
models in the manner I desire. But not in the format which I have
been given :-(

(**) and 3dmax, but that costs a fortune and I am only doing this for
a bit of fun at home and for self-education-keep-my-brain-alive !
If I expected to make a money/career out of it then that would be
different.

Does that help ?
Malcolm.